5.02.2009

I miss old Ybor City

So Friday night I went and saw the new Wolverine movie and I was fucking sicker than baby aids. Oh that means I liked it. I’m not going to nerd out and tell you what was incorrect and what wasn’t with the movie, that’s nerd shit.

In other Friday news I went to pick up a couple dunnys, I got a couple doubles of what I already had but I did pick this up.
fuck
It’s a robot tooth brush caddy. Oh man I love it. I wanted to buy them all so I would have tooth brush caddys for the rest of my life. Oh here is something kinda funny. As I was leaving the store one of the girls that work there stop me and tell me about the new toys. Made me think wow I wonder is since I go there almost every Friday, pretty much at the same time if I’m toy nerd guy. Then I also started to wonder if people at the university mall (aka million man mall) think of me as “annoying shoe nerd that asks to many questions that we don’t know the answers to”

Oh and about the title of this blog. Ok Ybor (E-bore) City is an historic district near downtown Tampa, its also where most the bars and clubs are in the city. I remember when I was a kid and my mom would tell me to stay away from Ybor. Every one said it was dangerous and it kinda was. People got mugged and stabbed and shit. Well since the late 90’s they have cleaned it up a lot. So much so that you see whole families just chillin and shit at like 11:30 right on 7th ave(that’s the main street that runs down the middle of Ybor) I’m not saying I want it to go back to stabbing and muggings all the time but it is deffently an era that is dead and gone.

So in closing here is a R.I.P list of the Ybor greats that we miss:
-The streets being closed every weekend night and the streets being flooded with a sea of people.
-Club girls handing out flyers and acting like they like you to get you to come in the club.
-Getting to watch random drunk frat bros getting whoa wasted and fighting each other.
-Random drunk frat bros getting whoa wasted and then seeing a hardcore kid and them thinking were freaks and then them and their friends getting beat up.
- The Green Room, The Red Room, The Masquerade, When sink or swim didn’t have every bro collage dudes, girls flashing there tits any time of the years for beads. The homeless vets and of course…. stabbings and muggings

No comments: